3M™ Thinsulate™ Window Films help to add an extra pane of glass at a fraction of the cost of window replacement.
Thinsulate™ technology and components have been integrated into many jackets, hats, gloves, shoes, and bedding; and as such, the brand has become synonymous with insulation and warmth. Now the brand includes window film.
3M Thinsulate Window Films represent the latest in window film technology. Not only do these films help to block out the sun’s heat in the summer, but they also help to trap manmade heat inside during the winter, providing you year round comfort.
All season window films, otherwise known as low emissivity or Low-E window films, are nothing new. In fact, 3M patented the idea in the 1970s. Those films of yesterday were highly reflective, giving the windows of your home or building a mirrored look. 3M’s new Thinsulate Window Films offer similar performance but are virtually clear and colorless.
See how 3M Thinsulate Window Films Work.
Product benefits include:
- Increased window insulation from the cold air outside (heat loss reduction of up to 40%)
- Heat rejection in the summer (up to 37%)
- Virtually clear and colorless appearance maintains the home’s or building’s aesthetics
- Lifetime residential 3M Warranty / 15 year commercial 3M Warranty
- Eligible for LEED credits
Ideal applications for 3M Thinsulate Window Films include:
- Homes or buildings with single pane glass
- Homes or buildings that are difficult to keep warm in the winter
- Historical homes or buildings