3M Residential Window Films
Energy Efficiency, Comfort & Security
How are windows inefficient?
- Allow in the sun’s heat in the summer which costs you money and personal comfort
- Allow your heating system’s heat to escape in the winter which costs you money and personal comfort
- Excessive light from the sun which causes glare and furniture fade
How are windows vulnerable?
- They tend to be the weakest point of a home making it easy for burglars to gain entry
- When glass breaks it can cause injury to those nearby
3M Residential Window Film Solutions
Efficiency & Comfort
- You’re too hot in the summer
- You’re too cold in the winter
- Your HVAC furnace / boiler / air-conditioning “can’t keep up”
- Your utility bills are out of sight
3M Insulating Window Films decrease the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) and U-Value of your window. In simpler terms, 3M’s window films will increase the energy efficiency of your windows. It’s almost like turning a single pane window into double pane, or a double pane window into triple pane.
For instance, take a standard double pane window found in most 20-30 year-old homes. They are not necessarily as energy efficient as they should be. Installing 3M’s Thinsulate Climate Control Window Film lowers the SHGC and U-Value of your existing windows and virtually turns them into triple pane glass – all at a fraction of the price of window replacement. And without the headache!
Improve the efficiency of your existing windows and you’ll reduce heat transfer and loss, which makes you more comfortable and decreases your monthly utility bills.
Both financially and emotionally, you’ve made a tremendous investment in your home. Once that investment is made, the next step is keeping it looking beautiful.
Unfortunately, fabrics, wallpaper, wood floors, photos, and other valuables will fade when unfiltered sun shines through your windows.
While 3M residential window film won’t prevent fading, it can significantly reduce it by blocking out 99% of the sun’s UV light and a significant portion of the sun’s visible light and infrared.
Safety & Security
Frequently Asked Questions